Wednesday, December 3, 2008

There was once a wives tale that children originate as twins within the womb,


but throughout the pregnancy one of the twins devours it's sibling. The surviving twin is tortured with the guilt of having the "vanished twin" within them, the other twin's shadow haunting them for life.




So I went to the Deerhunter concert tonight... against my better judgment
Sucks I have to wake up at 6:45 tomorrow
Why am I updating this right now?

Oh right,
I wanted to post about this before I forgot

So, I'm at the concert and these 5 dudes and girls are next to me
They are SO hammered
I can hear them yelling/slurring their words
They were clearly on ecstasy or some shit, because their eyes were rolling to the back of their heads
They were being so annoying

Jesus christ
I needed a drink so bad

Kids...
if you are going to do drugs, don't do them in public
Not only is there a chance of getting in trouble with the law, you are also annoying as all fuck to the concertgoers around you

Anywho...
DEERHUNTER was amazing
I missed the first song (Cryptograms... just my luck)
But... holy. shit.
They were amazing
Agoraphobia was extra noisy live
So loud
Ears hurt



A: What a pretty postcard
B: Why are you crying?
A: ...because i'd like to be both yellow animals at the same time
B: Always asking for the impossible
A: I'll take my drum and beat it



When we talked, I talked about me, you talked about you, when we should have talked about each other.



We'd often go to the movies
We'd shiver as the screen lit up
But more often, she and I would be disappointed
More often we'd be disappointed
The images flickered
Marilyn Monroe looked terribly old
It saddened us
It wasn't the film we had dreamed, the film we all carried in our hearts, the film we wanted to make...
and secretly wanted to live



Man can build his greatness on the nothingness that crushes him.



If I have been feeling worried or sad during the day, I have a habit of recalling scenes from childhood to calm me....
So it was this evening



Our crusade was such madness that only a real idealist could have thought it up.


Tonight's songs
The Beatles - I will



Pulp - Babies



Animal Collective - My Girls (Live at Coachella 2008)



Air - La Femme D'argent



Elvis Costello - (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love, and Understanding



Goodnight/morning

No comments: